Saturday, November 8, 2008

Spring like weather

Of course the warm weather is gone now but it left behind Magnolias that are growing. Looks like new leaves coming out. I hope this doesn't cause harm to this beautiful little tree.

Most of the flowers are gone now with the cold and snow that we've had in the last 24 hours. Still have the yellow tuberous begonia, a few lavender flowers, and one Mum plant is still flowering. It's one I got from my brother that appeared dead when I got it in the summer. The leaves have finally turned on the red maple and they will be coming down soon. They are wonderful mulch and I hope I can get them raked up before a lot of snow comes. I have the snow blower all tuned up and ready to go, but I don't have my garden shed turned back into a garage yet. I'll wait for a sunny day as that seems to make it easier to do and I can always bring out my small heater to keep warm. I have some decorations to put along the south fence for winter viewing LOL. That's about it, except to keep warm. Oh, I was going to get a new car before winter but now I don't think I will. I've had my old gray Honda so long that I'm having trouble parting with it. Like an old friend. It's a 1990 with almost 200,000 miles on it. That doesn't seem so long ago, but I guess it is for a car.

1 comment:

Lainey Laine said...

Awwwww I think cars have feelings. Your car wants to stay with you where it is loved! lol Love Lainey xxx
http://lainey-lainesworld.blogspot.com/